Recipe for a really enjoyable music session:
- whole neck of acoustic guitar,
- two rows of mellodion,
- one freshly plucked mandolin,
- at least two fresh flutes, (may substitute tinned whistles)
- two pounds of snare drum,
- and a squeeze of concertina.
- Begin by de-stringing the guitar; stand for a while.
- Mix the reeds, but don't strain them, allow them to breathe
before adding the flutes.
- Next add the two pounds of snare drum, and the rest of the
- Bring to a crescendo, until the mixture forms soft peaks
(do not let it go flat).
- Chorus and sustain for two verses, then mix vigorously, and
turn out onto a platter (seedy).
- Enjoy hot, clef'd, with a squeeze of concertina, garnished
freely with mordants